Thursday, June 18, 2009

Science and art a Renaissance man does not make

Finals are over! And what a success they were - surprisingly.

Monday, I took my unit 4 test for my physical science class and came away with a 93% - not too shabby. I took the final for that class on Wednesday and got a 96%, meaning I have an A no matter what happens. I no longer feel bad about falling asleep in that class every single day. And I mean every day.

Note to Ryan: Okay, so the class wasn't as horrible as I thought it would be. I can see why people would find it interesting. I just don't get tingley all over thinking about probability waves or wind erosion. But I did learn some useful, interesting things so I guess the class was a success.

Wednesday night and all day today I worked on my final project for my art class. I was supposed to create a still life that reflected who I am. I wish I had had more time to work on it, but it turned out really well considering how crunched for time I was. I need to go back in and push the values further, but my teacher liked it will enough to give me an A in the class!

My final project.

I've had a hard time staying focused and diligent this term. There's just been too many other things I've been thinking and worrying about to be a great student. Plus, it's spring and the weather is wonderful, my body is healthy enough for me to play soccer and ultimate frisbee again (hooray!), my sister lives a few short blocks away, and my friends have a lot more free time now. Added all together, I'm pleasantly surprised to come off with good, solid A's.

Here are a few more pictures of the projects I've been working on this term. Most of the stuff we did was practice and so came off looking really rough, but there are a few things that I'm proud of.

First at-home still life assignment

Getting my hand back in.

Willow charcoal and erasure.
We covered the entire paper with charcoal and then had to lift it to create the object in front of us.

First and only self portrait.
Created by looking at a photo and using a grid system to transfer and double the size. I was so tired of looking at myself after this. But it was really fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment