Thursday, October 22, 2009

Why is it that...

I think my next anthropological research project will be on the mystical connection between Indians, computers, and paperwork. India has the largest telecommunications customer service-employed population in the history of the world. So why does it take 3 days, 2 documents signed in triplicate, 20 phone calls, 6 emails, 1 trip by motorcycle to the airport, and way too many rupees in order to get my flight changed? Why is it impossible for the Air India desk at the local airport to change, or even check on, my ticket? Why is that possible only in Hyderabad? And why did no else know this or tell me this in my lengthy association with airplane personnel?

As you can see, all of these are fascinating questions which I am sure will yeild vast amounts of scholarly work to the inquisitive researcher.

No comments:

Post a Comment